So you’ve gone out and brought yourself the best Stihl chainsaw with a high price on the market and then find that the charger is not working.
You’ve tried everything and you’ve checked the user manual. You’ve even tried to reset the charger. Some people may give up here but those who don’t find the answer to their questions should read this article to get the solution!
Stihl Chainsaws are considered to be the best chainsaws in the world. But it’s not necessarily true that they do not get faulty. They need maintenance and servicing just like other machines.
The most common reason for the battery not charging is simply that it’s the wrong battery. There are a lot of different models to choose from. If you buy another battery, make sure it has the same voltage and amperage as the old battery.
The second thing you will want to check if the tool is not charging is the battery terminals themselves. They need to be clean & working.
This article will give you guidelines on how to fix your Stihl Chainsaw Charger.
Common issues in battery charging
The charger of the equipment’s battery power shows no imprints of receding soon- both homeowners and professionals can experience the advantages of the battery, with almost no sound or emission and lower vibration.
In case the individual decided to purchase a Stihl Cordless power tool, there are a ton of ways he can make the best use of it. The user needs to take care of the tool and the battery for the best performance and the deliverables of the STIHL equipment. Certain tips he can consider keeping it running for the longest time:
● Keep the machine clean parts that will help with less friction and use less power while working, and the battery will go longer.
● The battery should be at a temperature between 0 degrees Celsius and 40 degrees Celsius during charging. Use AL300 or AL500 chargers as the best option.
● LEDs on these batteries show the charge of the battery; one red LED shows the battery is too cold or too hot. Three red LED lights show the equipment’s fault, and four LED red lights to show the fault in the equipment’s battery. There will be no LED flash if the battery is fully charged and some chargers automatically go switched off.
● Charging your battery for less time or till it is fully charged is okay. That will not affect the battery’s performance, and the person can remove the battery from the device anytime.
● In case the battery is drained or deeply discharged, it can damage the battery. Stihl got the batteries’ intelligent system to monitor the lithium-ion battery cells’ voltage, which prevents the battery from drainage or overcharging.
● Don’t store the battery in the equipment; remove the battery and store it separately in a dry, clean, and away from sunlight area. It is suggested to store it in a cardboard packaging, and the temperature should be -10 degrees and 50 degrees Celsius. And in case you don’t have a plan to use it in days, store the battery with some charge around 60% or two green LEDs.
● Stihl chainsaw recommends a unique battery for every cordless power tool, and it might be with a huge capacity and balance the weight.
What if the charger of the equipment is not working
The battery of the Stihl Chainsaw is too warm; the charger will not work; it will only charge if the battery is cooled down. The recommendable charger comes with an integrated system for air cooling that accelerates cooling in the charger.
The right way to charge Stihl Batteries
The battery needs to charge to the level of 80% for operations. It reaches the optimum charge the charger goes slow till 100%. The important thing to take into consideration is that the temperature while charging should be maintained between -5 degrees Celsius and -40 degrees Celsius for better results.Stihl recommends charging the battery fully before using it for the first time and checks on the battery’s LED when it goes down that indicates the battery is fully charged, and you can remove the charger.
Troubleshoot if the charger doesn’t work
In case the chargers of the batteries are not working properly, one can easily consider some steps:
● You should inspect the battery’s contact areas, check, there will be no damage or corrosion in the batteries.
● Inspect debris contacting fans to check if there is an air intake that causes damage.
● Check and verify the switch’s mechanical working by squeezing the trigger and listening to the audible click.
● Check the status of the battery by depressing the status button and light up the LEDs.
● In case you haven’t recognized any of the above issues, then open up the unit for inspecting it further. Test motor with a tester’s help while connecting the black and red motor leads and check the reading that needs to be between 0.2 and 0.8 ohms. If it doesn’t match that criteria and you won’t be able to find out the fault, the motor needs to be replaced.
The battery will get heat up while charging. In case you insert the battery into the charger, the charging process will not start until the battery cools down.
It is necessary to put the battery on charge. You should consider letting the battery cool down, put it on the charger, and it will start significantly charging the battery.
Charging time will depend on the number of factors that include the ambient temperature and the battery condition to get the battery charge in the approximate time.
Please note: never charge a battery that is damaged, leaked, malfunctioning, cracked, or deformed battery. Please check the battery and the charger carefully that they both are dry and well in quality before putting it on electricity.
Stihl chargers are powerful and can be used in the proper condition. The batteries need to be in proper condition before putting it on the charger. They are automatic and can be used easily. To charge the batteries, they should be cool and put at a suitable temperature for a better result.