The most common reason is simply the wrong battery. If you buy another battery, make sure it has the same voltage and amperage as the old battery. The second thing you will want to ensure is that the battery terminals are clean & working.The Author
So you’ve brought yourself the best Stihl chainsaw with a high price on the market and then find that the charger is not working.
You’ve tried everything, and you’ve checked the user manual. You’ve even tried to reset the charger.
Some people may give up here, but those who don’t find the answer to their questions should read this article to get the solution!
Stihl Chainsaws are considered to be the best chainsaws in the world.
But it’s not necessarily true that they do not get faulty.
They need maintenance and servicing just like other machines.
The most common reason for the battery not charging is simply the wrong battery.
There are a lot of different models to choose from.
If you buy another battery, make sure it has the same voltage and amperage as the old battery.
The battery terminals themselves will be the second thing you will want to check if the tool is not charging.
They need to be clean & working.
This article will give you guidelines on how to fix your Stihl Chainsaw Charger.
Common issues in battery charging
The charger of the equipment’s battery power shows no imprints of receding soon- homeowners and professionals can experience the advantages of the battery, with almost no sound or emission and lower vibration.
In case the individual decides to purchase a Stihl Cordless power tool, there are a ton of ways he can make the best use of it.
The user needs to take care of the tool and the battery for the best performance and the deliverables of the STIHL equipment.
Certain tips he can consider keeping it running for the longest time:
What if the charger of the equipment is not working
The battery of the Stihl Chainsaw is too warm; the charger will not work; it will only charge if the battery is cooled down.
The recommendable charger comes with an integrated system for air cooling that accelerates cooling in the charger.
The right way to charge Stihl Batteries
The battery needs to charge to the level of 80% for operations. It reaches the optimum charge the charger goes slow till 100%.
The important thing to take into consideration is that the temperature while charging should be maintained between -5 degrees Celsius and -40 degrees Celsius for better results.
Stihl recommends charging the battery fully before using it for the first time and checks on the battery’s LED when it goes down that indicates the battery is fully charged, and you can remove the charger.
Troubleshoot if the charger doesn’t work
In case the chargers of the batteries are not working properly, one can easily consider some steps:
- You should inspect the battery’s contact areas, check, there will be no damage or corrosion in the batteries.
- Inspect debris contacting fans to check if there is an air intake that causes damage.
- Check and verify the switch’s mechanical working by squeezing the trigger and listening to the audible click.
- Check the status of the battery by depressing the status button and light up the LEDs.
In case you haven’t recognized any of the above issues, then open up the unit for inspecting it further.
Test motor with a tester’s help while connecting the black and red motor leads and check the reading that needs to be between 0.2 and 0.8 ohms.
If it doesn’t match that criteria and you won’t be able to find out the fault, the motor needs to be replaced.
The battery will get heat up while charging.
In case you insert the battery into the charger, the charging process will not start until the battery cools down.
It is necessary to put the battery on charge.
You should consider letting the battery cool down, put it on the charger, and it will start significantly charging the battery.
Charging time will depend on the number of factors that include the ambient temperature and the battery condition to get the battery charge in the approximate time.
Please note: never charge a battery that is damaged, leaked, malfunctioning, cracked, or deformed battery.
Please check the battery and the charger carefully that they both are dry and well in quality before putting it on electricity.
How to properly charge battery in Stihl Chainsaw Charger
To properly charge the battery in a STIHL chainsaw charger, follow these guidelines based on the search results:
- Use only STIHL chargers: Ensure that you are using a compatible STIHL charger to charge your STIHL battery.
- Plug in the power cord: Connect the charger’s power cord to a suitable power outlet.
- Insert the battery: Insert the STIHL battery into the charger, making sure it is securely in place.
- Monitor the charging process: The charger will indicate the charging status of the battery. A flashing green LED light usually indicates that the battery is being charged, and when the charging is completed, all green lights will turn off.
- Avoid overcharging: With the use of an approved STIHL charger, overcharging is not possible. Once the battery is fully charged, the charger will automatically end the charging process and interrupt the circuit.
- Store batteries and chargers properly: STIHL recommends storing cordless tools and batteries indoors and at moderate temperatures to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
If you have any specific questions or concerns about charging your STIHL battery, consult the product instruction manual or contact your local STIHL dealer for assistance.
Stihl chargers are powerful and can be used in the proper condition.
The batteries need to be in proper condition before putting it on the charger. They are automatic and can be used easily.
To charge the batteries, they should be cool and put at a suitable temperature for a better result.