Chainsaw is portable gasoline, electric, or battery-powered saw with teeth placed atop a chain drive that rotates. It travels along a guide bar. It is used in tree felling, limbing, and pruning, among other assorted things. Chainsaws are bar and chain combinations that are specially designed for use in chainsaw art and chainsaw mills.
Poulan Pro builds the best gas-powered and battery-powered two-stroke chainsaws in the world. In this article, we will look at how we replace fuel lines on a Poulan chainsaw.
Does chainsaw require inspection? Now it’s time to fix it. If you are a legendary lumberjack or weekend woodworker, you always need to check the fuel lines. There are various fuels lines found on many small engines. There will line carrying fuel from the tank to the carburetor and a second-line passing excess power from the carburetor to the fuel tank.
Many models have a small purge bulb, which connects the third line between bulb and carburetor. Few models have a small fuel tank vent (and another fuel line that connects to the tank). When you examine the fuels lines that supply gasoline to the engine, your Poulan chainsaw and find them faulty instead of taking the machine for repair. When it comes to repairing, even if it is not convenient to replace cracked or damaged gasoline on the chainsaw, it is an easy task that even a learner can perform with proper guidance.
These are Some Steps to Replace Fuel Lines:
- Separate the spark wire from the spark plug that blocks accidental ignition of the chainsaw during the fuel line change. Now you can empty the fuel from the gas tank into gas and secure it away from where you are working for replacement after repair. Now you can open the power from the gas tank into gas and secure it away from where you are working for replacement after repair.
- Replace the screws that hold the outer housing of the chainsaw in place so you can open the carburetor gas tank and primer bulb. Place the screw aside and housing to one side for changing at the end of the repair. There is ample need to have easy access to the tubes leading to it, so its time to remove the primer bulb.
- Take out the thinner tube that links the primer bulb to the carburetor by carrying out with the help of your fingers. Its imperative for the new tube to have the same lengths, so grab it relative to the new tubing of the same height. Change the old piping by connecting it with the primer bulb and carburetor.
- Replace the thicker tube that connects the primer bulb to the fuel tank by taking it out with water. Grasp it in new tubing of the same diameter and cut it into new tubes with the same length. Remove the old tubing with a new one, connect it with the primer bulb, and insert it into the fuel tank.
- Detach the screws that hold the carburetor in place to replace so you can reach fuel lines that work under it and enlarge into the fuel tank and replace the fuel line. Pop the fuel filter off and connect the new filter at the end of the tubing. Place the fuel filter and tubing in the fuel tank and connect to the other end to the carburetor, and you can also detach by changing screws that you removed.
- Finally, fit the screw again that holds the primer bulb in place. Put the cover back on the chainsaw and reset screws that hold into place.
First, drain the fuel from the saw. Remove the top cover. Remove the air filter cover, the air filter, and the air filter base. You need to remove the throttle linkage. The trigger needs to be pulled away from the trigger. Then comes the turn of the carburetor, then the two fuel lines go into the carburetor. One line is from the tank, and the other line goes to the primer bulb. Remove the returning line from the primer bulb. There will be a fitting on the end of the return fuel line inside the fuel tank. You have to cut the line first. Then get the fuel cap off.
Replacing with new fuel lines
After getting the fuel cap off, use hemostats to pull that fitting and fuel line from the tank. Remove the fuel line from the fitting inside the tank. Now it is time to cut a new fuel line. The old piece of the line might be used as a guide. Add a bit of extra line to make up for the line cut off before. Now we have to place the new piece of fuel line into the opening in the fuel tank.
Use hemostats and hold and pull the line out through the tank opening. Using the hemostats, pull the cable till the fitting contacts the underside of the tank is ready for functioning. Reconnect the return line to the primer bulb.
Reinstall the fuel
Reinstall the fuel lines onto the carburetor, namely, the incoming line to the bottom of the carb and the line to the primer bulb. We need to install the remaining things we had removed at the onset. Install the carburetor back, then the throttle linkage.
Pull the trigger and slide linkage back into place. Reinstall the air filter base. Now, install the air filter and then the air filter cover. Finally, replace the top cover.
Over with passing the time, fuel lines will fail or collapse and remove the flow of gasoline to the engine. The tube may cause crack and leak gas that causes life hazards. So the replacement of fuel lines on time will save your life and money also.
The replacement of fuel lines is an inexpensive and easy process to replace. You can replace your fuel lines with the help of this guidance quickly. We have discussed the entire process of how to replace fuel lines on a Poulan chainsaw. It is a bit of a complicated process; we can all agree on that.
However, it is entirely doable at home. We need to be careful about the parts requiring a bit of finesse while taking out the line, cutting it from the fittings, and re-inserting them. It is a delicate process. A Poulan chainsaw is one of the best chainsaws globally, and it is costly too, so please be careful with replacing the fuel lines.